Vexing Valmir by Ruby Dixon

 Vexing Valmir

Ruby Dixon

3 Stars


April one of the illegal clones dropped off on Not-Hoth, she is settling in as much as she can on the ice planet. But when she resonates to Valmir the annoying Praxion male who seems more happy on the outskirt of their little society she doesn't want to give in to it. She decides to create a list of tasks he must accomplish before she will give into resonance and be with him. As the list is checked off she realizes that Valmir is growing on her and she might actually like him. But she is struggling to recall her past, trying to understand the words that seem to have no translation. She longs for family and being part of the group, but she fears what that will mean in the end.

I will admit I struggled a bit with this one. I typically devour the Ice Planet books in a few hours. But this one for some reason didn't hook me quite the same. I didn't dislike either of the main characters but I didn't love them either making it difficult to root for their love story. I also found that the normally prevalent cast of Ice Home beach was mostly not present for the story. Overall a fine read, but not a couple I will be hoping for tidbits on in future books set in the same universe.